POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CeBIT PovRay gig : Re: CeBIT PovRay gig Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CeBIT PovRay gig
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Mar 2004 04:35:01
Message: <c3bq9m$26u$1@chho.imagico.de>
gonzo wrote:
> Here's a shot of the IBM JS20 demo featuring POV at the CeBIT show .
>
> This is what I was told about the demo:
>  If an image is selected POVRay will render the image
>  with 2 different hw configs (2 Blades against 40 Blades each with 2 PPC970
>  1.6 GHz processors). The 2 windows will appear on the right side of the
>  screen (covering the BladeCenter) showing the performance improvement. We
>  are parallizing POVRay using PVM.

First of all someone should tell them how to write POV-Ray... :-)

Gilles' landscape demo looks way too bright, probably they messed with
the gamma correction.  Nice to see they included the official benchmark
as well, i wonder how long it takes on 40 blades...

Christoph

Last updated 07 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______